Suicide Prevention Yellow Bardez by You Matter by COOJ
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
Daily, until October 10, 2017
District Hospital Mapusa Mapusa, India 403507 (map)
posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
We are aware that there are several suicides taking place in the taluka of Bardez. According to WHO statistics, for every person who ends his life there are 20 more persons who have attempted and survived and around a 100 who are thinking about it. The problem is huge and there is no formal program in place in the Bardez taluka to tackle the issue.
Through the Yellow Bardez Campaign, We hope to:
1) Create Awareness that Suicide is a preventable condition
2) Create awareness on the sources of help
3) Train groups of people on understanding suicide, risk factors and basic intervention
4) Promote efforts to reduce access to lethal means and methods of self- harm
5) Understand the psychological needs of the community and try to bridge the gap
6) Develop a network of partners within the community
7) Observe World Suicide Prevention Day (10th September )
Observe Mental Health Day (10th October )
The campaign will be conducted between the 10th of September to the 10th of October with assistance from concerned citizens of Bardez. Many programs have been chalked out like cycle rally, talks and workshops to students, teachers, counsellors, police, taxi drivers, key people in the community etc, public programs distribution of information material, media programs, inter collegiate speech competition etc. On 10th September, World Suicide Prevention Awareness Day will be celebrated by a public program with the Lighting of the Candle of Hope at the Mapuca District Hospital.